Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A thought about Love

I am by nature a very giving and affectionate person, and I sometimes think that because my boyfriend didn't express his feelings with words and physical displays of affection as often as I did, then he didn't love me as much as he should.

Then I read this article: http://popchassid.com/didnt-love-wife/

And I realize that I've been cutting him short.

How does my boyfriend tell me that he loves me?

Well, just lately...

I've been talking about donuts for a couple of weeks and Saturday morning, he went out and bought us some before I woke up.

Today, he saved me one by wrapping it in foil and placing it on my laptop so I would know that he left it for me and he didn't want it to dry out or get wet.

For my birthday, he drank 3 Monster energy drinks to stay awake until 3 am after waking up 6 and working all day.  All this to watch me get drunk, drive me home, and drink with some of my friends that he never really hangs out with at a bar that he hates going to.

For my birthday, he agonized for weeks over what to get me and went to five different jewelry stores to find me a set that he thought I would love.  He asked his co-workers for restaurant suggestions and found a place that I actually really liked.

He does the dishes when I'm not home.

There are a million different things he does to say "I love you" and I guess I am a little deaf sometimes.  Four years into this relationship and he still loves me, even though he doesn't say it out loud every chance he gets.  He really tries to make me happy and make my life better.

So baby, I know you'll never read this, but I still wanted it written out: I know you love me so very much.  I love you too.

And Future-Cicy, if you ever doubt Dusty, I hope you read this and realize that he might not be doing everything you want, but he's still doing something to show you that he loves you.



No comments:

Post a Comment